Russell House is a school which is in demand. We are often asked when the school plans to increase to two form entry or even to 13+. The simple answer is we have no such plans.
Development at Russell House is all about continually improving the experience for our pupils rather than expansion. We choose not to undermine what makes a Russell House education special; the family friendly environment where excellence is expected and achieved within a close-knit, happy and supportive community.
- A new Head of Department Model has been introduced in the Main School. This means that each area of the curriculum has an experienced specialist in charge of developing the academic programme and guarantees the quality of teaching and learning.
- Modern Foreign Languages has undergone significant development recently with a doubling of curriculum time for French and the introduction of German and Spanish clubs which have proved very popular.
- At the top of the school, lessons in children’s philosophy with the Headmaster have been introduced.
- Outdoor classroom: A stunning new outdoor classroom has been installed in the paddock by the Parents Association. It provides a brilliantly versatile space for outdoor learning and quickly proved a big hit with teachers and pupils alike.
- New Science Lab: We fully re-equipped and upgraded our science lab with facilities that many secondary schools would be proud to possess. It enables us to continue to promote and develop scientific minds from a young age.
- The Hub: This is our new integrated café-style IT/Library, which provides a welcoming and flexible space where children can work independently on projects and is also ideally suited to collaborative work and for whole class teaching. It supports our vision for ICT at Russell House where computers and reference materials are used as an integral part of activities in all subjects.
- Early Years outdoor facilities: All the Early Years classrooms have been adapted to allow the children to move freely and safely between the indoor and outdoor space. The new arrangements add an extra dimension to their learning and to their love of school.