The big debate30 Sep 2022
In humanities, Form 7 have been practising their debating skills on the topic of whether they should be allowed phones in school.
- it is a good way to keep safe, especially if you are walking home alone
- learning can be easier for some people on a screen
- it gives you something to do on long school trips
They suggested that a cheap phone might be good in school, so that they could contact parents, but not be distracted by games or the internet.
- is antisocial
- it leaves out those who do not have a phone
- and that school is a place for learning, not gaming or social media
- and that we already have Chromebooks in school, so why would we need phones?