Reflecting on online learning04 Mar 2021
Form 7 have described the highs and lows of lockdown learning.
Happy Book Week! Form 7 have loved using an online tool to create books for younger children this week, allowing them to virtually interact with Forms 1 and 2. Thursday's costume day was a great success and the children enjoyed a quirky fashion show, as well as sharing their book recommendations with the class.
Also this week, the children completed a quiz reflecting on their online learning experiences. There were some interesting outcomes. Among their favourite things about learning from home were:
- 'The funniest memory is the profile picture competition';
- 'Doing drawings in Form Time was really interesting since it was an online art lesson which is quite hard to do';
- 'Finding all the different keyboard shortcuts to write maths and science symbols';
- 'Every morning we would do something funny to let Mrs Reay know we were there';
- 'Just laughing with my friends, at things such as funny facts and videos shared in Form Time!';
- 'I really like when we did the profile picture competition';
- 'My favourite memory is in Maths when we do the extension task and they always make us laugh and we are allowed to present whenever we find something';
- 'When in an English lesson, Ava said you can technically have a jam and marmalade sandwich and she said she was going to try one'.
So what did they find most difficult?
- 'I found it difficult not seeing my friends in person because there is usually always someone to talk to';
- 'I found having longer lessons quite difficult';
- 'In Science, we haven't been able to do experiments and practical stuff';
- 'I have not enjoyed having to type all the time as it can make your fingers sore after a while'.
And finally, the things they are most proud of:
- 'I am most proud of how my Amazon project turned out';
- 'I am most proud of when in games lessons we used all the energy to run 5 marathons or swim the English Channel';
- 'I am most proud of how I have improved and dealt with it!'
We are too, Form 7! It will be incredible to have you all back next week.